Old 05-21-2011, 04:25 PM
miriam
Power Poster

Originally Posted by luce321
Yesterday, at Goodwill, I found a Necchi, model no. 536FB. It's in good condition and has a desktype cabinet with three large drawers. I couldn't check the stitch, but it runs very well. Can anyone tell me what year it was made? Thanks, Lucy
Does it have any plastic parts? I have a Necchi Nora with a broken stitch regulator - it was about the only plastic on the machine... I keep thinking parts. It is a beautiful machine. Broke my heart to not be able to get that part. Very well made other than that plastic thing.... No stitch control. I gave a Necchi I loved to my DD's friend a while back - she needed it to make baby clothes. I had a third newer Necchi nobody liked at all - we decided it was because you had to strain your neck to see what you were doing and it chugged very slow. I think it matters how the nose is shaped whether or not you can see what you are doing. Get a flashlight and shine it inside the machine - look and see if there is any plastic in weird places. or cracked plastic parts. On the Necchi Nora the bobbin unit zigzags instead of the needle. The later ones zig zag with the needle moving side to side. I've seen some old Kenmore's that the bobbin shuttle was the zig zag, too. I think the one we liked had a lot of decorative stitches and the one we disliked was more basic with just a couple stitches.