Old 05-21-2011, 05:10 PM
delaneywins

Maybe I will try the hexagon pillow idea. I would really like to finish this blanket because its SO pretty. I'll spread it out and take a picture of it in a moment, because its hard for me to tell how much is actually done, since I don't know much about it. It seems like it would take less than 10 of the big flower patches to finish the top of it, and there are 4 or 5 of the flowers already sewn (the hexagons are sewn into flowers in these ones, they're just not attached to the rest of the blanket) so it seems like its really close to being finished. However, I know very little of quilting and I don't know how big of a hassle it is to put the components of the actual blanket (not just the patchwork) together, so it might only be 25% done!

I've also found about 20 pre-sewn block-shaped patches composed of little triangles that are sewn together to make basket-looking things. These are pretty big pieces (prob 8x8" to 1'x1', i'm not sure) and they seem like they would be easier to sew together than the hexagons, but I laid them all out on the floor and they're all different sizes! They're all roughly the same size but they don't fit together easily. Its hard to tell if they're just like this because my Grandma was so old and didn't care too much about precision or if they're actually different sizes for a reason. Can I make them all fit together correctly with clever seam work?

I'll take some pictures of these pieces and the original GFG that's partially done.