Old 05-21-2011, 09:19 PM
vintagemotif

Originally Posted by Kitzone
Originally Posted by BoJangles
Originally Posted by Kitzone
Green Sphinx Update: Pictures ~ I talked the owner into letting me clean and polish her, so with her permission I am posting some pictures.

I compared the decals to my Sphinx and they are the same decal just tinted differently. I previously wondered if it could be like the Brown Lotus - paint color tint issue making it more rare???

Does anyone have any ideas? SN# C7770783 which indicates that it was manufactured in Prussia Germany - but the records have been lost.

Judy
Judy Wow, at first glance I thought - reproduction - NOT! That machine is so pristine! It is a 127, made in Prussia sometime after 1908. I have not seen one that color -- all I can say is WOW and WOW. I wonder what Billy or Miz Johnny have to say? I wonder if it was repainted?

Nancy
Nancy ~ I am sure it hasn't been repainted. The owner is 83 years old and said that it belonged to her mother. Her family came from a Dutch/German heritage so that fits. I would be interested in what Billy or Miz Johnny could add :) I've not seen one this color nor as nice... it's going to be hard to return but maybe she'll consider selling it sometime.

Judy
I too thought at first this was a reproduction. Very pretty machine and the decals are gorgeous.