View Single Post
Old 04-04-2009, 07:00 AM
RuthiesRetreat3

I purchased a Baily a couple years back. It's a long arm (they come with 13 inch or 16 inch throat and use a quilting frame OR just your table. It is very heavy, but I already had a Gracie frame that was supposed to be for free motion quilting, but was inadequate (for me) with my standard machine with the tiny 7in throat. The Baily was A LOT less expensive than comparable better-known long arms. I got the 13 inch throat, since my frame wouldn't allow me to utilize the 16 inch one, and I didn't want to buy another frame. If starting over with no frame, I would have gotten the 16inch throat. The one I got was just under $1500 and that included the shipping. It was a on-line buy ( I think they're in Maine) and I am very satified with it. I found them on-line just by Google...type in Bailey sewing machines. They've been very helpful when I needed help at first, both by phone and by email. Haven't had any problems with it since the first couple of "getting acquainted" lessons I gave myself. Ruthie