Old 05-22-2011, 06:49 AM
FroggyinTexas

Originally Posted by craftybear
Do you have a Featherweight if so plese post here so you can all chit chat with each other. Have fun!

I am still looking for one! I sure hope I can find one this year.

Craftybear
I went into the local Singer sales/repair shop several weeks ago and in the course of my conversation with the owner, spoke with him about Featherweights.

"They are work horses and practically indestructible and my wife nagged me until I found one for her," he said. "But I think buying one and carrying it to workshops and so on is about like continuing to drive a Model T Ford when you have the choice of driving a new Lincoln. Modern machines will just do so much more."

I love the look of the Featherweights and know they make wonderful straight stitches. I have a 1940-50 era Singer in the most beautiful sewing cabinet I have ever seen. The machine makes a great straight stitch. I love it and would not give it up.

If I could find a good Featherweight for less than $100, I would buy it as a collectible and I would put its picture up for you to admire, but I can almost guarantee that should I have to buy another sewing machine, it will be a Janome with lots of bells and whistles. froggyintexas