View Single Post
Old 05-22-2011, 08:55 AM
gypsylady5

I agree. I just bought a Brother Quilting Machine from Walmart of all places for only $200. It does everything my Viking did plus thread the needle for me. I'm very happy with this machine and will probably stay with Brother in the future. I have the Brother MidArm Quilter and I had a Brother Embroidery Machine that I practically gave away when I was moving and raising money. I also had another smaller Brother that I sold in the same yard sale. I guess I'm a Brother person! By the way, I taught people how to use the Brother machine back in 1961! How's that for a long time relationship?

Originally Posted by cmw0829
I had a Viking for 11 years. When I wanted to upgrade, I went to the dealer.

After trying the 875Q, I asked to see the Janome 7700. She bad-mouthed Janome to try to sell me on a Viking.

Several weeks later, I asked to see a Babylock. She badmouthed the Viking to try to sell me on a Babylock.

I ended up buying two machines - a Janome and a Babylock - because I didn't really like the feel of the new Vikings. But not from her.

But that's ME. Forget what the dealers say and try out the machines. Trust your own instincts.