View Single Post
Old 05-22-2011, 09:21 AM
Ann L

Originally Posted by Stitchnripper
This quilt is years in the making. I machine pieced the top, then pieced the backing, just three big pieces, thread basted, and it was wonky - bubbles on the back. Top was square, thought backing was. Took it all out, started again. Still a little wonky and it was thread basted to within an inch of it's life!! Anyway, started hand quilting, got bored, put it away, got inspired, pulled it out, all over the last 5-6 years. Finally got it finished, washed it on cold with a few color catchers, and into the dryer. It came out fine except some of the gray chalk I used one time to mark a stencil in one of the side triangles didn't wash out, so will try that again. I didn't get a close up of my quilting, but there is an obvious difference from when I started to years later. It was a mostly fun project - I learned I guess, to sew leaders onto the sides because I never could get any of my hoops on the border well enough to quilt easily. I ended up not using a hoop, and there are some bubbles, but, once washed, they are less noticeable, and from the front it is fine. And it is for me, so I can cover up and be cozy.
Very nice. I think you did a great job. No quilt police here :)