View Single Post
Old 10-19-2007, 07:49 AM
lansawlady

[color=darkblue]Hello everyone. I notice some of you have pictures of children and pets who are obviously a big part of your lives--no much more than that. They are your life.

As you can see from my picture to the left, I have two adorable kittens: Abbie (about 13 months old), and Buddy (about 8 months old). Buddy eats everything from the food I give him, Abbie's food, fabric, lint--just about anything he can get into his mouth. We live in a 2 bedroom condo, and my husband has requested that I do not do anysewing until we can move to a larger home where I can have a sewing room. His fear? Either of them, but especially Buddy eating strings that could be fatal, chewing on fabric pieces that could be fatal, but [/url]especially sewing pins, that would definitely be FATAL.

I purchased a magnetic pin dish/holder to use instead of the beautiful wood pin dish my grandfather made for me on his lathe 100 years ago (well, maybe not quite that long).

But does anyone have any suggestions for keeping strings, fabric pieces, and straight pins off the floor? Also does anyone have any other suggestions for sewing around pets and crawling children?[i]

I am disabled and have multiple doctor's visits every week and have found sewing and creating my own color combinations to be very therapeutic. But I haven't been able to sew in about 2 years. I really want to make another quilt lik this one.

My first log cabine quilt. This isn't the only one I've made, but it's the only one I have pictures of. I want to make some smaller ones for Christmas decorations.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]2280[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-2280.jpe