Old 05-22-2011, 10:17 AM
miriam
Power Poster

Originally Posted by QuiltnCowgirl
Originally Posted by QuiltnCowgirl
While browsing in an antique shop today I came across some Singer buttonholers. Both are complete sets, including manuals. One has the Singer Brand on it, it's manual has a 1948 copyright, and it is priced at $7.50. The second one is in a Singer case, has a manual distributed by Singer, a 1956 copyright, but the brand name on the buttonholer & manual is Griest. It's price is $15.00.

What I'm wondering is if either one of these will work for my Featherweight and/or 15-91? If yes, which one would you get?
Anyone know anything about Singer Buttonholers????
Griest made a lot of attachments! There are short shank and slant shank button holers. There are some for zig zag and some for straight - For a FW or a 15-91 you need a short shank straight stitch. They have the template load from the bottom. If you have a manual you can make it work. (I posted pictures of the difference earlier on this topic.) The prices are in line. The 1948 will fit either machine. My mom has a really old button holer for her FW I've never figured out how to work it - there are no templates - just a bunch of screw settings.