View Single Post
Old 05-22-2011, 12:56 PM
Sewslow

What wonderful ideas! I made notes for other quilts. I took the two worst blocks of this one and hunted for compatible fabric, couldn't find anything that shrieked "Buy me!" (The quality of the BOM blocks is so cheesy, even if I had found something, to add $12.95 a yard fabric would have been throwing good money after bad -- the BOM would probably shrink up and drag the good fabric into puckers.) At good ol' Wally World I found some plain dark blue and some green that match (nearly) the blocks and putting it together it doesn't look half bad.

Looking at the meager assembly instructions I discovered I made these the winter of 2003-04 and it's gratifying to see how much I've learned since then: exact 1/4" seams DO matter and a 1/4" foot really helps that. (I hung the starch-pressed panels on a rack in the bathtub across from the throne, from whence I noticed a totally hacked-off point which I repaired.)

Thanks for all your help. Love you all, wherever you are. I'll post a picture when it's assembled (with something cheaper than Warm and Natural).