Old 05-22-2011, 07:52 PM
Kitzone

Originally Posted by Kathie S.
I took the machine to Girls' Night Out last night to clean and use the machine. Nancy

Nancy I enjoyed seeing your new Kenmore last night. I was very impressed with your patience while working on the FW.
Maybe one night you can show us all how to clean and oil our machines as you are the best. Kathie
Kathie, I am quite envious. I wished I lived closer to you. "Girls Night Out" sounds fun! It's wonderful to be able to share our odd passion for vintage sewing machines with others. That is what's so wonderful about the VSMS.
Usually, I get a strange look when I tell people that I enjoy cleaning and working with old sewing machines. Once, I thought I must of had food in my teeth or bad breath based upon the looks I received. A very well meaning lady shared that her favorite SM was a top of the line Bernina. When I told her that my favorite was an old 1953 Singer 206K, she offered to sell me her 1990 Brother SM thinking this was the only SM I could afford. I just smiled and thanked her for her thoughtfulness. I am glad you get a chance to have a "Girls Night Out".

Judy