Old 05-23-2011, 01:31 AM
vintagemotif

I feel very sorry for those that learned to sew on a Singer 758 Touch and Sew. These machines are a piece of crap, at least the free one that my neighbor gave me the other day is. I got it to sew after a long time of playing with it, then I tested to see if the bobbin worked and after that I can't for the life of me get the tension correct now. I took it apart, cleaned it, looked for any stray thread that had gotten under the bobbin area, oiled it, and even took the top plate off and checked the upper tension mechanism. I feel so sorry for my neighbor since she doesn't sew, and she was using this dang piece of s.... to teach her daughter how to sew. And this was a machine that she picked up for free from a friend's mom that had been a seamstress. Makes me wonder if the seamstress ever used this machine. I wouldn't, but then I learned to sew on a Necchi Supernova. Eeks, I want to Touch and Throw this machine; not sew with it. Sorry for the rant.

So, for all of those that learned to sew on one of these s..... pieces of machinery, please treat yourself to a Featherweight or 201- those are excellent machines. Ok, I'm done for the night.