Thread: wrist
View Single Post
Old 05-23-2011, 04:25 AM
SuzanneG
Banned

Originally Posted by Shirlx
I have been doing some just learned meandering on a quilt. I love doing it. Problem my wrist is so sore. I had to stop for a while. I am write handed and it is my right wrist. I have a Q foot on my machine. What do you all do for this problem?
Thanks Shirlx
Did you have wrist problems before you started doing meandering quilting? If so, you might want to discuss this with your doctor to make sure your okay to do this kind of work without causing more problems. But if not, and the meandering itself has caused the pain, then it sounds like you're having to drag the quilt too much. I would try a teflon sheet under your quilt to make it glide easier with less strain on your wrist. Also, starching your backing material before sandwiching helps a lot to make it glide along. Another thing, is your sewing surface level, or are you working with your machine on top of a table? When you work on a level surface (your machine is sunk down in the table to make a flat sewing surface) this makes FMQ much, much easier on you and your wrists.

I hope this has helped you some! Good luck!! :D :D