Old 05-23-2011, 05:34 AM
BoJangles

Originally Posted by Crossstitcher
Vintage, I like how you put the bindings on. Will have to try that would be soooo much faster than by hand. I would never try this before because I was afraid it would have one big pucker at the end. Oh! and your quilt is pretty too!
The scout will really love it I'm sure.
I really like the way Monica puts her bindings on too. I did 5 queen/king sized quilts a couple years ago for Christmas presents. I worked on those quilts all year - getting up at 4 am just to get them all done. Well, I got them done but it was like two weeks before Christmas - I didn't have time to hand bind, which I have always done! I took a class at our local quilt shop on how to put your bindings on with the walking zig zag and monofilament thread. You have to shorten the walking zig zag so instead of a sharp zig it makes more of a loop, loosen your tension because of the monofilament thread and sew! I have used this method ever since on all my projects -- love it. The quilt looks really nice and you don't see the thread just the little half moon, which looks nice!

Nancy