Old 05-23-2011, 06:38 AM
QuiltE
Power Poster

Originally Posted by charity-crafter
Originally Posted by rushdoggie
Can you take some pictures of you at your set up? I am an occupational therapist and know some about ergonomics and if you can send me or post some pics I might be able to help you.:)

Do you want picures of me at the sewing machine? Or just the table and chair?

I think one of my problems is that I'm only 5' tall and it's difficult to find the right chair/desk height combo for sewing.

It has helped that I'm very careful about posture, sitting very straight, trying not to lean forward-but honestly that's really hard when you're sewing. If I do lean forward I try to do it from the waist and keep my shoulders down and the rest of the back straight and my abs activated.
With your saying your height, I'd think for sure it's the height of your chair/table ... suggestions have been given on how to get that right! So to get your arms at 90degrees, you'll need the seat of your chair higher, or the sewing machine lower .... do you have a lower table to try it on? even just temporary, to see if it helps? That way it may avoid the problems of your feet being able to touch the foot pedal.