Old 05-23-2011, 11:25 AM
DA Mayer

I made her a purple yoga bag, but this is not enough for such a monumental event in her life. She dreads getting older and she is a few years younger than I am. When she turned 40 I worked for a company that had conferences with every facility attending. I was able to hand out 40 postcards to people from the midwest, and east coast, then they took the cards to their homes and mailed a birthday wish to her. They wrote the cards so she would think the people had known her all of her life. I had so much fun when she received them because she couldn't figure out who these people were, and then how they knew her or who put them up to writing her.
She is a great practical joker, so I thought maybe people from the board would be willing to send her a birthday card. My goal would be to receive a card from 50 different places so if you are willing to participate, I would really appreciate it.
At our yoga class, she and I joke about each other being our only friends so when we had laughter yoga we didn't have another friend to bring along. So would you please add that you are my friend from the quilting board and would she like to be friends too.
Her mother and grandmothers were quilters but she helped outside on the farm so she didn't learn that skill. She does appreciate quilting and she is a great woodworker and made my sewing cabinets.
Please PM me.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-201265.jpe   attachment-201266.jpe   attachment-201267.jpe