View Single Post
Old 05-23-2011, 05:15 PM
lorli

I've been wearing them for 40 years (OMG am I that old?)and have never found a really comfortable one. Years ago I even went to a special bra store (Rigby and Peller in London, corsetiere to the Queen!) to be fitted. What an experience, I will never forget the saleslady who had a chest like the prow of a battleship who burst into the fitting room and embarrassed me half to death! Even those bras were uncomfortable.

Recently I read about the Bra-lelujah (sp?) and it sounded so great so I splashed out on one, what a disappointment. It is ugliest bra I ever saw - a horrible color like old nylons (in England they called that color "American Tan" - ugh) and the seems are so poorly finished. It gives no support and, worst of all, the back rides up and is so uncomfortable. I was driving and kept having to take one hand off the wheel to yank it back down. There is no way to adjust the fit as it has no fastenings: the instructions that came with it said to step into it, after dragging it over my big hips its no wonder it has no support!

Any ideas, anyone? I can't bear underwires or, worse, those seamless molded cups that look like styrofoam coffee cups.

[I just realised that I have revealed more than anyone wants to know!]