Old 05-23-2011, 09:50 PM
miriam
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Honchey
Originally Posted by miriam
Oil the thing up good and see what happens.

If all else fails, it has good top hats, throat plate, bobbin slide plate, motor & it has a good zig zag foot etc. Some of those parts will work on a 401, 403, 500 or 503 or maybe some of it will go on a 301...
The body of it probably has some aluminum in it and you probably can sell the manual on ebay...
I never did like those... does it show?
Hi Miriam, You are too funny! I removed the bottom and stated to play with the little white triangular piece(plastic) that slides on a post that is connected to gears underneath the bobbin area. I got the bobbing winder to work by holding the button down as it was filling. I have the Singer 6268 and you don't have to hold the anything down.Should I oil this post that the above piece slides on ? I am going to oil wherever I see moving parts except the gears. Should I put lubricant on the gears? I don't want them slipping. I checked out the zig zag stitch and it really sews nice. The only thing that bothers me now is that when I turn the hand wheel manually it gets a little tight and I have to use some effort to turn it. I'm not sure where to oil or lube for this. The manual only shows to oil in the bobbin area and inside the face plate where the presser bar assembly is. I was a little leery taking off the top and it was hard to get it back on. Advice needed. Thanks, Anne
What have you got to lose by taking it apart and oiling it? Oil any thing that moves.