View Single Post
Old 05-24-2011, 09:01 AM
Pumpkins

It is a monthly BOM class with a very good teacher so I am getting a lot out of the class. I wasn't going to do this
BOM, but the blocks were intriguing and I had never worked with batiks. So, I took the class and we're 5 months into it.

Only one block has a little simple paper piecing and it was the first block done.

When she saw my two American Beauty quilts a few weeks ago, she decided to ask me to consider making her a quilt at her expense. I thought about it and gathered a few magazines, etc. and the BOM with the blocks that I had completed and showed her. She feel in love with it, a lot more that I'm in love it... and wants it. Which is fine with me....

I've given her the class charges, quilting estimate ranges from two quilters, and estimate on supplies. All I need to decide on is my charge for making the top, and then of course, sewing the binding on and hand stitching it down when the quilter is finished. Because she is paying my class fee, yes, I don't feel like I need to charge what someone would charge for just making the top, but I do need to charge something.

I'm leaning towards $200-$250ish area. How do all of you feel about that???

I've been told by "teacher" that this quilt would sell, already made, for no less than $1,000.00....