Old 05-24-2011, 09:13 AM
Bluphrog

I have 4 FWs -- a 1939 model I call Spike (because he's such a tough little guy), a 1963 white named Blanche, a Cenennial model who hasn't been named yet, and my newest acquisition is a 1961 tan. I'm thinking of calling her Sugar (Like the song Brown Sugar). I'm still looking for an affordable 222.

I had horrible problems with Blanche's case. The mildew odor was so bad, it seemed like even Blanche smelled. I baked it in the trunk of my car for 6 weeks, dried it out and killed the odor. Blanch is my "travel" machine -- workshops, classes, etc., unless I'm going to need FMQ or decorative stitches. I found a Coleman cooler on wheels that she fits in. I love taking her with me, because many of the quilters I just meet have never seen a white FW.

I haven't used Spike or the Centennial, except to make sure that they did sew.

Sugar is my "at work" machine. Yup, I found an empty office and keep her, a cutting mat, iron and ironing pad, rotary cutter and various other odds and ends there. I ordered a kit from Keepsake Quilting and spend part of my lunch hour working on it.

I have given serious thought to selling Spike, because I'm pretty sure I'll never use him, but since he's my "first", it would be hard to part with him.

Sugar
[ATTACH=CONFIG]201840[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-201834.jpe