View Single Post
Old 05-24-2011, 01:02 PM
Flying_V_Goddess

Originally Posted by stephaniequeen
I have been to several quilt stores and the fabric is usually pricey. So with that in mind, why go to a quilt store when you can go to JoAnns or Walmart??
I guess its really a matter of preference. For me I tend to find more things that I like in a quilt store more so than the big chain stores. I've been going to two quilt stores recently and I really like their staff. They seem genuinely interested in what I'm doing and they're knowledgeable. And they LOVE my boyfriend...they tell me he's a keeper for willingly bringing me to their shop. There are some extra bonues with the shops I go to. In the store near my dentist they have a rewards system...spend so much and get an X-amount of store credit. At the other store they have reuseable bags and every first Thursday of the month any fabrics you put into that reuseable bag you get 20% off the price.

With the chain stores...yeah, they may be cheaper, but there have been times where I ask about something and they give me that deer in the headlights look. Sometimes they'll ask me what I'm doing with the fabric I'm buying, but they don't seem really interested and are just trying to bring up small talk. And I think with the Wal-Mart fabrics they hardly ever change up their line of fabrics.