View Single Post
Old 05-24-2011, 06:06 PM
Mousie
Power Poster

Originally Posted by quiltykitty
I just caught up reading these posts. Let me say right now. NOTHING, I repeat, NOTHING I have ever made is perfect. Quilts or anything else. We're all human. If you take the AOTH book and study the pictures of each block, something will jump out at you as not perfect. For instance, in block 21, the circle in the lower right flower is a little flat on one side. And in block 19, the gold embroidery is a little wobbly. Yet, Aie made a beautiful quilt and we all like it so much that we aspire to do the same.

I tried a small zigzag stitch using machine embroidery thread on my first block. Boy, does that embellishment look wobbly! Way more than Aie's. The next one I made was block 8 and I used a large satin stitch. I like that one. I've since ordered the Razzle Dazzle and am doing bobbin work. Since this is my first project doing bobbin work, I'm leaving everything just as it turns out. A learning process. This is also my first big hand appliqued project. I've done hand sewing on garments for years, but not on quilts or decor.

Just remember, you are your worst critic. Now, I'm off to attempt a Smith Island Cake. Eight layers on that baby and drizzled with a chocolate glaze. Gonna share it with my neighbors so I don't eat the whole thing!
Linda
applause from the paws, kitty...about the quilting and I'm really impressed with your restraint with an eight layered cake with chocolate glaze...oh,...I'm getting dizzy just visualizing/imagining a mouthful of that baby! mmm! :XD: