View Single Post
Old 05-24-2011, 09:01 PM
quilting.addict

Originally Posted by MommaDorian
Originally Posted by ClydeneC
I to am a grandmother of Autistic child, but he is high funtioning, he has Aspergers. Could you please tell me where you got the pattern, I would love to make one for my daughter and me. Thanks for your inspiritional purse.
This is the Bow Tuck Tote. You can order the pattern online. I got mine from Amazon.com.

I just have to say...I'm amazed out how supportive and involved our forum is with children on the spectrum. What a great place to come with questions or concerns!! I think I might start making a list of which members have children/grandchildren/family friends, etc on the spectrum.
Please put me on your list!! My grandson Matt is 22. He is Autistic and not high functioning but very loving and sweet. Here he is giving me the I love you Hand shape for making his quilt! I have made a few totes for his family out of the puzzle fabric, but I love the embellishment on the front of it. I'll have to steal that idea. My daughter and 2 kids with friends walked Autsim Now Walk in Atlanta last Sunday. She raised $750 and Matt loved the walk!

Matt under his quilt
[ATTACH=CONFIG]202124[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-202118.jpe