View Single Post
Old 05-24-2011, 10:50 PM
oldbalt99

I have always need two projects, one upstairs, I do hand work from midnight to seven am. Can't sleep might as well do something constructive. Last month I finished my crochet lap throw and had this idea to start a labor intensive and two year needlepoint project where I would make the blocks on the canvas, from a quilt pattern and then sew them together by machine. Sounded good until I went in search for blank needlepoint canvas. Its been a few decades since I've brought canvas and the prices have kept pace with the times. Following my mothers advice to get all your material at one time, I began to put money from my mad money aside for the project. That still left me with no up stairs project. I settled on my personal two sheet thick summer coverlet that has sixties and seventies smily faces, peace signs, and butter fly strips on it ends, with a mass of emptiness in between. I'm embroidering large colorful smily faces hearts and star squares on it.
Last night my grand nieces friend, asked if I would make her a baby quilt. We did all the what do you want what size? She was looking for anything but pink and blue. I presented her the yellow and mint green bolts and a quilt pattern from my every growing binder. She loved them both. When it came to size I showed her my crochet lap quilt which was crib size. She jumped for joy and ordered one, in emerald green and royal blue! I let her look through my quilt profolio, and she saw the picture of the white leopard in the jungle needlpoint, I completed over thirty years ago, and asked how much that cost. 25.00. If she keeps her word even though she will have to have it framed herself, I will have made a sale that will pay for the yarn for her youth bed size crochet throw. She accepted my prices for both quilts which is seperate from the needlepoind sale. I will soon have an upstairs project I can look forward to finishing. I'm in the best of moods.