Old 05-25-2011, 01:42 AM
olebat

Originally Posted by jljack
Originally Posted by BoJangles
Originally Posted by olebat
While trying to pass the time in the hospital, following a total knee replacement, I kept-up as much of my computer routine as possible, which meant watching CL in several near-by cities. Lo and behold, a Singer 301 for $150. I promptly e-mailed, explained my situation, and asked the seller if the machine could be held while I arranged for someone to pick it up in my behalf. Multiple e-mails to seller and friend and finally got a message from the friend, "Got it."

I'm home now, and can't wait to see the friend and the new machine. I can do the upper body happy dance, the lower bod will have to wait a while.
I am sorry to hear you had to have surgery, but everyone I know that had a knee replacement wished they hadn't waited so long to get it done!

On a happy note, congratulations for the new 301!

Nancy
I second all of this!! Knee and 301!! Hope you get on your feet (well...knee!) soon, and get sewing on your new 301.
Well, I am up and walking, (slowly) but the 301 is still a little over an hour away. The other scores are 1 new treadle, two new cabinet machines and a portable, all still in the van, so I haven't gotten the numbers to run date checks. Two are a brand with which I am unfamiliar, made in Japan, and still old iron beauties. Now, I've just made arrangements with a seller another hour and a half from here for two treadle heads, to go into the two empty treadle bases I have. He'll be coming into town on the 6th, and will deliver, so I won't have hands on for them for a while either. The 4 machines cost a total of $140, and got a zillion attachments and Grist attachment kits, including button hole. The two heads are $50 for the pair.

Insurance does not cover the new machines, even though they were "hospital acquired affections."