Old 05-25-2011, 05:10 AM
LovingIzabella

Originally Posted by jaciqltznok
just curious...this swap ended on April 15th..now it more than a month later and people are still looking for their blocks..is this normal?

is the other boomerang group having these difficulties?

I am setting my blocks this weekend..any missing blocks at this point will just be left out..I have to book dates with my LAQer and there is NO leeway so it has to be at her studio on time..

hopefully the Sept swap will go better as I have an Oct 15th date with the quilter for that one as it is going to be a Christmas present!

My fabrics are going out on Friday..if not on Thurs...depends on how long the drive to TX is tomorrow!
All I can say is that as with every swap there are people who are early, those who are right on time, those who do not fulfill their commitment, their are people who have life issues and then there are people who are just a week or so late. Sadly it is something that happens no matter which swap it is you just see it more pronounced in this one since it is a direct mail swap.
One of the rules in the new swap was three weeks to mail F8s...that three weeks is up but you are mailing yours on Friday I am sure because life has been "in your way" No one is pressuring you to mail but this is just a prime example of what happens to each and every one of us. We all want to be perfect and on time but life is not perfect nor on time.
The friends we make and the blocks we make and receive are what make this swap fun. We learn as we go which swappers are in it to swap and which ones may not be...it is a process as is anything in life. With each Boomerang swap I honestly feel it becomes more and more fine tuned.
Will you have all 35 blocks back by your October 15th deadline? I cannot make that promise. All I can say is I know that those who joined have the best intentions and I would guestimate you will have a fair deal of them back in time.
Hugs
April