View Single Post
Old 05-25-2011, 09:56 AM
ssnare

Originally Posted by tucsonquilter
Fabulous. Did you free form or have a pattern?
I found a picture of the shoes on the internet and resized it. I had a 5" square of the orange fabric. I had cut something else out and I placed the fabric next to the shoes just the way it was cut to look at the color. And it looked like legs with the curves. I free formed it. I had a small piece of the blue from the shoes, so I cut out a hat and I did not know how to incorporate it into my design. I added a black skirt. It did not look right. I put the hat on top of the black, cut off the top of the hat. I had just enough left of the orange so I added the belt. I tipped the shoe and skirt and I liked how it looked. And that is how she developed.
I wanted to make her legs hairy, but I did not figure out how to do that. I am making blocks for the halloween swap. I am new to applique. I will keep this block. I am making some other witches in a bigger block. I drew another pattern for their legs. They will be longer legs and I made them bent. I am angling the shoes and they look like the witch is kicking up her heals. I am going to call her, "Ladies night out".