View Single Post
Old 04-07-2009, 08:20 AM
motomom

I love the creative part, where you are thinking of an idea, looking at fabrics, patterns, thinking of the intended recipient and what they would like.

I love the prewashing and pressing of all the lovely fabrics, seeing them all stacked and ready to cut.

I love the cutting and piecing. I love laying all the blocks out and imagining the finished product. I love putting the quilt top together.

I hate the basting. Bleah. Hurts my knees. On my next quilt, my aunt has promised to teach me how to do it on the frame instead of on the floor.

I love the hand quilting. However, I have found myself starting another quilt in between quilting, to give my back a break. I think it would be lovely to be able to put the next one on the frame as soon as I take this one off.

I think it is the process that I love. I have done lots of types of needlework, and I used to only love the project when finished. But I have come to realize as I have gotten older that the process is the part I love. It is better, because now I don't stress over those unfinished projects. I no longer care!