View Single Post
Old 05-25-2011, 05:05 PM
grannyoquilting

I made this quilt for my SIL who is on his 19th tour overseas. Yes, he is Air Force and located in a danger zone but not next to the action as he repairs the planes and tankers. He has never been sent gift boxes or other things people overseas get. I have been working with different groups to change that. He has now gotten 3 care boxes from different people other than family. He shared with all his troop. I have people working on prayer squares for these guys and gals. He has been flown all over to repair planes as he is the best they have. So I made him this quilt. I doubt he needs it over there but he is getting it anyway. I used my spraps of patriotic fabrics and Air Force fabric I have been saving. I have made him fleece throws with the Air Force logos and pillow cases but nothing like this little quilt that measures 76 1/3 inches by 107 inches. Yeah it kinda got away from me. Ha! Yes I designed it also. Well thanks for looking at his quilt. I quilted it with som QofV digital designs and drew some of my own. I love the one with clouds and planes as it looks like the tanker with planes to refuel.

DH's arms are getting tired.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]202430[/ATTACH]

Planes in the clouds.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]202431[/ATTACH]

Air Force design stippled and outlined.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]202432[/ATTACH]

Love this design with eagle and thank you on it.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]202433[/ATTACH]

Last one with the stars.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]202435[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-202424.jpe   attachment-202425.jpe   attachment-202426.jpe   attachment-202427.jpe   attachment-202429.jpe