View Single Post
Old 05-25-2011, 05:26 PM
cheryl rearick

I am sending you a PM, of a person to contact re: supporting your trooper over seas. I adopted service men / women for over 3 years, sent a box ever month till I no longer worked. ANYONE can be that person. Yes, our soldiers look forward to a wonderful goody box, full of wonders :) CHOCOLATE, chat stick that doesn't melt, books, nuts, toothpicks, dedorants, body wash, soaps, hand held games, batteries, hard candy, gun, beef jerky, When I filled that box there was not even air room. haha.... When new troops come in it is very difficult for others to pick up on some basics. each of you could be someone who adopts, maybe two of three in a family get together. It use to cost me any where from $60.00 to $100.00 plus cost of box a month..I really am a poor person.. but I made it happen. Cheap when you figure some give their life. I felt so sad to give it up. lol I even sent little toys, something to make them laugh, always wrote a fun letter, never sharing bad things state side. they see enough. I guess I could go on and on, they do need our support, (((hugs))) will send the pm with e-mail address to anyone who is interested in adopting or asking if they could get help for someone all ready over there... Not sure she can help as she works out of Nevada, but if anyone can she can hahaha.... blessings and keep helping our soldiers. :)