Old 05-25-2011, 10:24 PM
olebat

Originally Posted by Cindy Lou Who
Insurance does not cover the new machines, even though they were "hospital acquired affections."
Hey Olebat,
Glad to hear you are on the road to recovery! Are you a hospital person? Your hospital acquired affections made me LOL tonight. It's all about HAI's now and reimbursements - sounds as if you might have heard about them a time or two! Like your sense of humor!!
Cindy (a Lab rat)[/quote]
Cindy, you guessed it. I worked L&D for close to 20 years. I worked other areas of hospitals, out patient clinic, ER's and ran a well woman clinic. Hospital acquired infections were bad news, they still are. Although I've been long retired from nursing, my husband is still out there, a Family Nurse Practitioner. The office clerks have to do wallet biopsies before he can see the patients.

I'm not one for pain meds, even with this knee replacement, so I kept a clear head and had fun while I could, I had good staff and therapists. Laughter is the best medicine. Finding all those machines (7) didn't hurt either. It's my piggy bank which will need the pain meds.