View Single Post
Old 05-26-2011, 03:06 AM
Somerset Val

Originally Posted by Parrothead
I have a queen size that I am going to cut to use for the two baby quilts I am making. I have a front load washer/dryer combo (made for RVs) that has a delicate cycle. I cannot soak in it (that is what the directions on the package say to do). What soap and fabric softener do you use? I am not prewashing fabric because I think it is easier to cut and piece that way. JMHO
I pre-wash my Warm & Natural because I don't want the shrinkage afterwards. The makers don't recommend doing it in a washing machine although they acknowledge that some people have good results! I soak it in the Bath with a mild detergent, rinse several times and then squeeze to remove as much water as possibe. I line my spare bed with a sheet of polythene, then a sheet. With my husband's help, we carefully spread it out over the sheet and leave it to dry. (I make sure the windows are wide open to get a good current of air through.) It dries beautifully (takes 2 or 3 days, depending on the weather outside) and doesn't need any fluffing up. I'm amazed at the amount of 'yellow colour' that comes out in the bath! Incidentally, you should never iron batting!

Sorry - just re-read your message - hadn't sunk in that you're in an RV - so what I've written isn't much help to you - but, maybe it is to someone else!