Thread: WaMart
View Single Post
Old 05-26-2011, 03:48 AM
mar32428

Originally Posted by jshorty
Awhile back someone posted an article from Wall Street Journal stating that WalMart will be putting back fabric depts starting May 1st. I live in Las Vegas & have been to 6 different Super WalMart & non have put in fabric. I did find a small older store that had a few bolts but found they were the same price as JoAnn's. I just returned from San Antonio, Tx and they never got rid of their fabric in the first place. Does anyone have anymore info on this?
That was me jshorty. The other comments were right on the mark. They will replace fabric when the store is up for remodeling. Mine just remodeled but we never lost our fabric. They did move it from one end to the other. Now it's in line with groceries, pet food and candy. It's not set up like a department. Just row after row. They took out the big, old two sided cutting table which was usually piled high with fabric to restock and odd boxes. Now they have a one side cutting table about 4' x 5'. Don't remember seeing the pattern drawers either. Think they designed it after the Hobby Lobby which is about a mile away. It's about 1/3 the size it used to be and there isn't a clerk on duty there. You have to ring for help and God knows who you will get. Most of them don't know more than how to squeeze scissors. And if you get a man, joke,joke,joke. He can't even FIND the scissors.