View Single Post
Old 05-26-2011, 05:10 AM
k3n
Power Poster

Originally Posted by MTS
Originally Posted by k3n
in mouth watering colours - check them out, I'm sure they're available in the US... http://www.wonderfilonline.com/
Huh. They are. Never heard of them before. Really, really nice selection.
I've got this massive machine applique project in front of me and I keep putting it off.
When you used the Invisafil in the bobbin, what were you using on top? A heavier weight cotton?

Did you match the bobbin color to the top color or use a neutral?
Although I see there isn't a huge color selection for that particular thread.

Thanks for the information.
I used a neutral top and bottom, I am now using invisible thread and Invisafil in the bobbin (lasts for EVER!) and that works good too. I also used it to blind stitch by hand a binding on a wall hanging and my stitches are invisible - better than normal! LOL I have some of the variegated Tutti 50 wt to try in the FMQ on my current project - will report back. I never really liked King Tut - found it too heavy at 40 wt. I like Master PIece at 50 wt but there are no variagated so I'm keen to try this. Got to finish the applique first though! I got a sample pack for £10 (think that's about $13?) - 15 spools I think 400 yds per spool. I don't know if you can get this online or if it was just for the show. Here's a pic... :-D

Threads
[ATTACH=CONFIG]202563[/ATTACH]

Details on back of box
[ATTACH=CONFIG]202577[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-202557.jpe   attachment-202571.jpe