View Single Post
Old 05-26-2011, 05:47 AM
lynnie k

Originally Posted by candi
Woo Hoo 85 is a wonderful number,maybe 86 now????

I was working on two of the blocks today before work, and I am getting a bit annoyed with myslef...I think I have very high expectations of my limited skills, although I am very much enjoying the process of choosing fabrics, cutting, preparing and appliquing, and I am mildly enjoying the bobbin work, I am unable to look at my block and be satisfied...my hubby says I am looking too close and need to look at the big picture..I am sure he is right, he normally tells me if he thinks I should redo things..but dang it, I just want to be happy with the blocks. It is my first time doing this level of applique and first time doing bobbin work..any words of wisdom or encouragment from all of you talented people? I guess I just need to look at this quilt as a joyful learning experience and just hide it when it is done,lol.
Don't feel bad about your blocks I am a new to Applique' and I have been very hard on myself I am making these blocks 7" by hand some are nicer than others but they say when they are all together we won't notice your mistakes , so just have fun the quilt police will not cart you off to jail so just have fun. can't wait to see your blocks :lol: :thumbup: