View Single Post
Old 05-26-2011, 07:58 AM
virtualbernie

Originally Posted by PatriceJ
this is not exclusive to Connecting Threads fabric. you'll find the same characteristics in a variety of brands, from discount priced through the most expensive.

methods for producing different prints vary widely. you might even find fabrics from the same manufacturer that were printed using different methods.

like everything else, each customer is going to like some of the results and be ... shall we say ... less than thrilled with others.

it's one of the many reasons many people insist on buying their fabrics in person.

i buy most of my fabs online. needless to say, i have often been ... hmmmmm .... surprised when i opened the boxes.
Patrice, you make very good points. The fabric I got from CT was a long time ago and didn't like it because of that print process but not all the fabric I bought had it. But because I couldn't tell beforehand I didn't order fabric from there anymore. I still get other things from them especially their thread which I have read some people don't like because of the lint production which I don't mind. It is just a personal preference and I didn't bother to post about it. There is nothing wrong with the quality of the fabric--fabric quality is great.

I didn't realize other places had prints like this so I'll be on the look out because I too order alot of fabric online.