View Single Post
Old 05-26-2011, 08:05 AM
grammatjr

Originally Posted by Ky'CatFan
My question is to those of you who have used some of these items...what has been your experience with specific products? What have you found that you can recommend? What should I definitely not purchase?
I have used several of June Taylor packages of the sew in type purchased at JoAnns. I was not at all happy with it. I ruined two printers when the fabric jammed! My daughter threw away her printer and got another, and our very expensive, professional printer, now prints lines across everything we print.

Instead what I like to use is cyanotype printing.

It is fairly cheap, very easy and oodles of fun! The fabric costs about $25 per 60" yard, but you compare that to the packages of printable fabric, where you get 3 sheets for $10, from that yardage you would get 21 sheets, plus bits left over. So, it is really a good price.

I buy my fabrics from: http://www.blueprintsonfabric.com/store.php?cat=1

Here are a few of the cyanotype quilts I have made:

made for a very ill lady at church, evryone wrote out prayers for her, and I formed them into butterfly wings
[ATTACH=CONFIG]202625[/ATTACH]

made for my nephew who went to Bible College, everyone in church is praying for him in the pics
[ATTACH=CONFIG]202626[/ATTACH]

made for my daughter & SIL for 10th anniversary, pics are my grandkids
[ATTACH=CONFIG]202627[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-202619.jpe   attachment-202620.jpe   attachment-202621.jpe