Thread: Quilting Class
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2009, 08:46 AM
Letty

Hi,I started with English hexigon patches after a friend got me started.Then I moved to Yorkshire and we were in the middle of ripping out the house and garden ,the place needed everything upgrading.While waiting for workmen to get started I went to a patchwork class. I suppose it was good that it got my interest going but there were far too many in the class and the tutor had friends attending and they seemed to get all the attention. I was hopeless at maths and and sewing so felt rather lost,plus at that time ,in England, cutting mats and rotary cutters were very new and hard to obtain items. However at the age of fifty I discovered a new and wonderful art.We started with the Roman stripe design and I made my own interpretation of it and was told'Oh there is always one in every class !!'After that I bought books and magazines and used my imagination.What a world opened to me,I have made friends and passed on what I have learnt to others.When I have taught I always remember how I felt in that class, and it has given me patience to encourage others.Now the wonderful and generous people I meet on the web help to share ideas,designs etc.Thank you all.