View Single Post
Old 05-26-2011, 04:51 PM
fryguymoore

Edit: This pattern is in the book entitled Twist and Turns Bargello Quilts, by Eileen Wright :)

The quilt is over at the cabin and I am at the community center due to the tornado warning. I have never been under a tornado warning before. Half the campers and their pets are over here, I guess everyone else isn't worried. Don't laugh...I put the quilt in the refrigerator in case the windows break :oops:

The picture below is PHOTO SHOPPED. I got bored over here with no quilt to work on.

I am not on a quilt retreat, just camping without my family :)

Again, thanks for all the comments. I think I will go with the dark red binding and no border. Thanks for the suggestions.

The only pattern I can quilt nicely is stippling. Do you think that will be okay or is there another easy pattern?

And now I will babble on about the person this quilt is for. Feel free to skip ahead! A little over a year ago I put my 8 year old son in public school. He was homeschooled and I found that he was too difficult for me to teach at home. He was angry, stubborn and completely unwilling to do any school work. [I found out later he was this way due to his disabilities.] The school was unable to educate him as well. I began the process of getting him tested and the school began the process of fighting me. I was a few months into the battle when I discovered that I was getting no where and my son was still failing. It was at this time that I hired Amber, a special education advocate [the person this quilt is for.] I cannot begin to express how painful fighting the school turned out to be. They retaliated against my family repeatily. The final straw was when they reported us the child protective services. I take that back, the final straw was when the principal took my journal out of my sons backpack, made copies of it, and gave it the child protective services.

Amber held my hand through the whole thing and gave me a shoulder to cry on, literally. Due to her valuable information and expertise my son is now getting the help he needs and is excelling in his new school. I had become serverely depressed toward the end of this ordeal. I was on depression medication for nine months. It was just one month ago that I came off the medication and I FEEL GREAT. Depression medication has it's place, it prevented me from killing myself, but I am so delighted to be off it and to feel like myself again.

Due to all the imformation Amber gave me I feel completely empowered to deal with the school if need be. I am having great trouble expressing how thankful I am for all the information and the wonderfully caring way she delivered it -- which is why I am making the quilt. Maybe it will say what I can't.

And now the quilt, remember, this is photo shopped. I am actually about half way done with the second half.

What I hope to see tomorrow.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]202809[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-202803.jpe