View Single Post
Old 05-26-2011, 04:57 PM
Corry

Originally Posted by Pamalamae
Be sure an keep your boxes. Know of people having a lot of trouble with them. The price went up on it $100.00 just a week before it aired. I have the 150 and have nothing but trouble with it took it to a singer dealer and they would not honor the war. They had no ideal how to fix it and charged me $85.00 to tell me they had no ideal what was wrong with it. I brought it home in a 1000 pieces and in a plastic bag. I cried for days. lol Got a brother an it started acting up so sent it back now just looking for a new one.
Not a good idea to take the Singer Futura Embroidery machines to a dealer. They are not experienced enough to work on these machines. I boxed mine up and shipped it to Singer in Tennessee and they worked on it and fixed it right up and working great. I didn't have to pay for anything except shipping it to them. No charge for repair and they shipped it back to me their cost. I love my Quartet although iit is the one I did have to send to Tennessee. The first batch of machines had a problem but they are making it good and fix them. I have talked with several people on the Futura Quartet forum on yahoo that had theirs fixed and have not had any problems since. I am so looking forward to getting mine back and do not regret my purchase at all. I also have the CE250 and have not had any problems with it and it is more than 4 yrs old now. The only reason I bought the new one was I wanted a bigger hoop. My 250 only has a 5 x 7 is the largest hoop but i have really enjoyed that machine over the years and have done alot with it. Here are a few photos of quilts i have done with them.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-202804.jpe   attachment-202805.jpe