View Single Post
Old 04-08-2009, 10:22 AM
Marilyn Philips

:roll: I have just fallen in love and I need help. I just made a deposit (refundable if I change my mind) on the Brother Quilt Club QC1000. I visited the store twice and the personnel were kind enough to spend time with me going over what the machine has to offer and allowing me to try out a number of stitches, etc.; however, I don't know anyone that actually owns one and would like an opinion from someone who does. Do you own one? What are your favorite features? Is it reasonably trouble free? This machine is quite expensive, but is now on sale at a price I feel I can handle. It comes with all the attachments, no need to buy any more; has 4 thread holders, a push button or knee pedal to start stitching (no foot pedal), auto threader, auto thread cutter, and a large attachable addition the the left of the machine giving more useable work space, it can thread bobbin separately, and unbelievably, can do stitches left, right, up, down and at an angle without turning the fabric. It also has numerous decorative stitches which can be joined, increased in size to accommodate borders, etc. I have never seen anything like it. Does anyone have or seen this machine? If so, what is your opinion? By the way, I have a Brother BC1000 which is small and very light weight so it's great for retreats, guild get-togethers etc. and as small as it is it has 60 stitches for fun stuff. I love it.