Old 05-26-2011, 11:26 PM
Janquiltz

These patterns were taken from one of Jennie Rayment's book - "Tucks, Textures and Pleats" (Pub. 1994) and the first pattern is called a Lifted or Raised Star. Sure does look like the Dahlia that a number of QB'ers have done.

This was the first one I tried, so I used muslin "just in case". Since it turned out fairly well - think I'll try my hand at doing one with color.

Was able to attend one of Jennie's lectures. She is from England and is hysterically funny - we all laughed until we cried. She has made and brought some of the most interesting and beautiful quilts and quilted items.

I call the second one a woven candle mat, but could certainly be made in to a pillow.

The third one was pieced, then tucks were made, and tacking and applique was done. Colors are bad in this photo - the red is really red, and the background is a rich fairly dark green. (It is one I hang up at Christmas time.) The "woven candle mat" was easy to make - the Raised Star and the Poinsettia were both a little more challenging. Her books and instructions are well written and easy to follow, and to make it even better are fun to read too.

Lifted or Raised Star
[ATTACH=CONFIG]202875[/ATTACH]

Poinsettia
[ATTACH=CONFIG]202876[/ATTACH]

Woven Candle Mat
[ATTACH=CONFIG]202877[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-202869.jpe   attachment-202870.jpe   attachment-202871.jpe