Old 05-26-2011, 11:45 PM
GrannieAnnie

Originally Posted by Janquiltz
These patterns were taken from one of Jennie Rayment's book - "Tucks, Textures and Pleats" (Pub. 1994) and the first pattern is called a Lifted or Raised Star. Sure does look like the Dahlia that a number of QB'ers have done.

This was the first one I tried, so I used muslin "just in case". Since it turned out fairly well - think I'll try my hand at doing one with color.

Was able to attend one of Jennie's lectures. She is from England and is hysterically funny - we all laughed until we cried. She has made and brought some of the most interesting and beautiful quilts and quilted items.

I call the second one a woven candle mat, but could certainly be made in to a pillow.

The third one was pieced, then tucks were made, and tacking and applique was done. Colors are bad in this photo - the red is really red, and the background is a rich fairly dark green. (It is one I hang up at Christmas time.) The "woven candle mat" was easy to make - the Raised Star and the Poinsettia were both a little more challenging. Her books and instructions are well written and easy to follow, and to make it even better are fun to read too.
love the two white pillows. beautiful