View Single Post
Old 10-20-2007, 05:15 PM
kingskidaz

I am trying to applique some pieces on a strip quilt. Can I get suggestions on how the easiest way to do this is and what you use to hold it down. I have tried heatbond under the pieces but it did not bond well and I the material scorced after ironing it so much to get it to stick long enough to sew it on. I also have tried using interfacing with bonding on one side this was easy to turn on larger pieces but I have not tried to iron it on the piece yet. I have used stitch wichary on one a long time ago and it seems to work to hold it well enough. How best to stitch it on with a machine. I have had a hard tome adjusting my machine to zigzag close enough and the right size that looks good. The one I tried to do was all three layers top batting and backing so it was to thick to use the walking foot with or the embrodery foot did not work either. Any suggestion would help. I may try the next one quilt as you go so I have less bulk to work with at the sewing machine at one time. I am trying to make a few nice quilts for charity but its turning out to be very time consuming.