Old 04-08-2009, 04:17 PM
Mousie
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Susie T
My labels have always been done on Aida Cloth, 14 count, with 2 strands of matching floss, approximately 3X4 inches. Always soak it in warm water before attaching it. I would hate to see it shrink on the quilt.

I have attached it in 2 way; with iron on interfacing, sticky side to right side, stitched all the way around and cut to turn. This is a little bulky and should be ironed in place-flattening the quilt. The better way is to pin it under the binding and all around, then turning the edges under like applique. Both processes are pleasing to the eye. I've also soaked them in tea to achieve an antique look.

I enjoy cross stitching so much that I made my grandaughter Emma's quilt with Winnie the Pooh series block. The blocks were begun during my daughter's pregnancy and the quilt was presented on Emma's 3rd Birthday-wow!
SusieT,
my grandbaby (5), is sitting here with me, and she loves the quilt on Emma's bed, and she says that, "I wish I could meet her". She is a real sweetie, and loves other children. She asked if me and her granddaddy had ever met her, and I said no. She said, "will I ever meet her, nana?"
and I said, "maybe, someday." :D