Old 05-27-2011, 10:04 AM
Kitzone

Originally Posted by BoJangles
Originally Posted by Kathie S.
Judy you are to funny. :-D The clutch purses is also Nancy's. These responses are hard to tell who said what. Have a wonderful evening. Kathie
Kathie did a clutch purse at Girls Night Out along with most of the people there! I was too busy trying to fix a FW so I didn't get to sew, but that was a good thing! Anyway, I now have my clutch purse, which I made using only my Model 127 Sphinx treadle! That was interesting, as the little purse had to have several seams 'locked' as this was not just piecing like a quilt! I learned to screw that stitch regulator all the way out to sew in place - I can't do it fast like when you are nearing the end of the seam -- so I got a few places with thread balls -- but the seams are locked and the purse should hold up! I am pretty proud of the fact that the purse is made exclusively using a treadle! It would have been much easier to make something like the purse by sneaking in and using one of my electric machines with reverse!

Nancy
Ok I think I've slowed down enough to read the posting correctly this time :lol:
Nancy your clutch purse is too cute! I really like the colors and the fact you did it all on a treadle is pretty impressive. ~ Kathie I am sure yours turned out wonderful too :thumbup:
I promised myself that I would take time this weekend to figure out how to use the binder attachments on my 66 treadle and quilt batting to the backside of some fabric that I want to make into a sling purse. I am not sure about making the purse on the treadle but will definitely use one of the other VSM's that has a reverse. Wished I had a Davis treadle to use... one of these days I might find one needing adopted.

Judy