View Single Post
Old 05-27-2011, 10:05 AM
JCquilts
Banned

Originally Posted by rob529
Originally Posted by JCquilts
Are you talking about hand applique? I use 60 wt Metler's cotton machine embroidery thread.

I use the 60 wt Metler's and YLI 100 wt silk. These are what I use for hand applique, prefer silk if I have what matches. I have a friend who loves the Metler 60 wt embroidery thread for machine applique. It does look beautiful and has tons of colors. I am in the process of colllecting them all.
Robin in TX
I dont know about machine applique, but I love the 60 wt metlers for hand work. It comes in so many colors that I can match just about anything and it is fine enough to get an invisable blind stitch. I dont use silk for two reasons, I have a hard time keeping it on the needle (and I dont like to make the little knot at the needle, takes time to cut it off) and I dont like the shine of the silk, it shows, even if you are really good at the blind stitch. There are times, like on inside points that you just have to let a little thread show, and the little shiny spot the thread gives off is offensive to me.

Before you all get huffy, I have friends that LOVE silk thread. I have nothing against it for other folks, just not my favorite.

The question was what do each of us like.