Thread: Quilting Class
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2009, 05:09 PM
Mousie
Power Poster

Originally Posted by MadQuilter
I don't know about y'all, but I feel like I've had a class just about every time I "travel" through this QB.
No Class - just searched internet & bought a LOT of quilting books.

Piedmont Quilter

About 15 years ago, bc I was always sewing, and made some curtains for my bedroom, I took some calico cotton prints, cute 12 big squares, don't even remember how i did it...I know i didn't know how to "square them up...sewed them all together, with a pieced sashing...flying by the seat of my pants.
Had never seen a book, a tv show, and hadn't ever owned a computer. It turned out pretty good, and i still have it. Now, as nice as it looks on the front...lol...turn it over...I must have taken this camel colored fabric that my mother gave me, and machine sewed it, huge asterik style, to an old blanket, then put on top and 'tied' it.
Never did another quilty thing till about 3 years ago. My grandma told me she was helping with a raffle quilt, and she was making a wall hanging. She had to explain to me what that was. She said, "Cheryl, the way you sew and love fabrics, I know you would love quilting." So I bought a magazine.
The rest has been out of books, and off this site.
No classes here, and no quilters around here. I am a lonely little petunia in an onion patch...and landed in the best place you can be! :D