View Single Post
Old 04-08-2009, 06:52 PM
Mousie
Power Poster

Originally Posted by motomom
Tough question, really. I have a handmade quilt that was made by my grandmother that I wouldn't part with, and I wouldn't want anything to happen to it, so that I can pass it down to my grandchildren. I guess they can fight over it.

However, some quilts are made to impart love to the recipient.

Around our home we try to hit a happy medium. Display, but care for and treasure.
this seems to be the closest to my feelings. There will be things, wall hangings for example, that I would like to have for a good while, but I'd have to have slipped a cog, to think, when my grandbabies get hold of their quilts, that they won't do all the things normal kids do.
Anna will be the roughtest on hers, but she will love it. Mary will want it at bedtime, and maybe drag it around some.
Alexia,...a little early to tell, but she will probably be like Mary. Crystal will probably have hers the longest, but she will use it, cause nana is going to make these toddler size and the next ones, twin size for big girl beds.
Out of my 3 daughters, the oldest will try to cherish hers, but her hubby wads up everything, so I'll let them duke it out.
Middle daughter will do some of both. She appreciates art, but is very practical, and has four in house fur babies that sleep with them.
Youngest daughter? I've already got some money in her fabrics, but they, umm, she'll definitely appreciate it, but will she have it in ten or fifteen years? I think not.
The ones i will make for me and hubby, I will fold every night and set to the side, like I do right now, with our store bought comforter.
Why? bc if I don't, hubby gets hot, pushes on it, till it ends up on floor on my side of bed, and I have an impairment in left knee and have almost killed myself getting up, even with night lights. So there you have it. Some of all of the above. No matter what...I will keep making more. :P