View Single Post
Old 05-27-2011, 02:51 PM
DogHouseMom

I've got a Husky and a Janome. I like the way the Husky sews better but use the Janome more mostly because of the accufeed system (I do a lot of 1" strip piecing). My Husky is about 7 years old back when they were still made in Sweden.

My Husky dealer though has quit carrying them just recently. His main reason is that he said that since they were bought out by Singer and moved production to Japan he has had a very hard time getting parts. He did not say that the quality had degraded - just that he can't get parts and if he can't service a machine that he sells he's not going to sell it anymore. I personally had experienced some of the difficulty getting parts, waited MONTHS for a simple dual feed foot before it finally came in. Absolutely no reason for that. He's going to stock up on the most common parts before he 'quits' them so that he doesn't have to wait for parts on the machines he's committed to servicing (ie MINE <G>).

So whileI wouldn't disregard their quality, if a problem does happen it would be nice to know you can get parts. Bear in mind though, being sold out and moving production to another country could happen to any manufacturer you buy a product from.